Monday, August 23, 2010

Handmade Envelope

Today I Created | An envelope die cut from handmade paper.

I found the handmade paper at CostPlus sold as wrapping paper. It is a very heavy stock with unique patterns printed on it. I wanted to use it to die cut some envelopes. The #10 Envelope die was extra large but the heavy paper cut it beautifully.

Out of the entire roll of wrapping paper, I was able to only cut two large envelopes. I saved the leftover paper to make tags or other bits of art.

I made these as a gift for my sister who enjoys the fine art of letter writing. She can either create an address label or paint an area on the front so that the address can be read clearly. I will let her embellish it as she desires.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...