Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Type Tray Flowers




Today I Created | Flowers for my type tray.

The background image, both inside the type tray and used on the grunge flowers, is of pink tulips that my boyfriend had sent to me. They were a very bright pink and the colors were too vivid for my design. I used Photoshop to soften the colors and printed out the background image and a larger version that I applied to some Grungepaper.

I cut the flowers using the Tim Holtz Tattered Flower die. Then I inked and stamped them to wear them down a bit. I used Perfect Pearls in a copper color to decorate the petals.

I used Pearl Brads from s.e.i. for the flower centers. On the larger flower I used a round piece of chipboard that had a shiny coating then applied Crackle Paint in Old Paper. The paint crackled but when I tried to ink it some of the paint chipped off. I sprayed Glimmer Mist in Iridescent Gold to hold the paint on the chipboard.

Behind the flowers in the type tray is an old cigarette card of a rose. I collect cigarette cards and the old roses are one of my favorite designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...