Monday, December 27, 2010

Altered Anthropologie Frame

Today I Created | An Altered Frame from an old Anthropologie Frame

My boyfriend found this for me at a Goodwill store. He has started to develop an eye for things that can be altered. This is what the finished frame looks like now after it has been altered.


Originally the frame was lime green. I lightly sanded it and painted it with white acrylic paint just to give it a good working surface. While the paint was drying, I printed some postcard images from the Graphics Fairy. There were so many nice images to choose from but I wanted to keep things neutral and let the faux paper colors and textures be the design. I did include a real vintage English postage stamp that I had from my childhood stamp collection.


I applied the postcard images to the prepared frame using Mod Podge. I don't know how I went through the 60s and 70s without decoupaging something since I think I did every other craft available during that period (Personally I'm waiting for macrame to make a comeback). Anyway, I had fun using Mod Podge.

I reassembled the frame once it was dry. There is space inside of the frame to place a small object. I haven't decided what I want to put in there yet.

Here are two photos of the original frame when it was lime green. It still had a price tag from Anthropologie. The original price was $32 marked down to $14.95 then on sale at Goodwill for $2.99 and I bought it for half-price at $1.50. Not bad for a frame from Anthropologie.



I am honored to have this bragged about on Brag Monday at the Graphics Fairy. Thank you!
I am also honored to be mentioned on Frugal with a Flourish. Thank you!

16 comments:

  1. YOU DID A GREAT JOB. THE FRAME LOOKS GREAT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The frame is so yummy. Thanks for sharing. It's giving me some ideas for things I have laying around the house.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks lovely. Yes, I have a secret liking for macrame.
    Cheers,
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job (and way to go boyfriend!) I hope you will share this project on my new linky party Friday! http://www.lovelycraftyhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely like it better than the original!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a bargain you found! I just love what you did with it and the soft colors are just perfect. Very, very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great. There are a ton of anthro knock off's but this is the first anthro cover up I've seen! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for joining my linky party! Love the frame so much! http://www.lovelycraftyhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your frame is gorgeous! I love all the muted colors and pretty script print.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This came out beautiful! I could see a small vintage photo of some European landmark or a small black and white etching for this frame.

    Great Work!
    Chris
    Artzee Chris' Cool Clipart and Graphics

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on being featured at the Graphics Fairy....I have become addicted to her images. To funny about your boyfriend being able to spot things. A couple of years ago my husband wouldn't be caught dead in a Goodwill, But now, with a little training from me, he is starting to come home with some pretty good pieces for me. Of course I still make him send me a picture from his I Phone first though...LOL!

    Take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely! visiting from Graphics Fairy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this project!!! Just wanted to let you know I featured it in my latest post on great ideas on how to use vintage prints!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for auditioning for American Crafter!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...