Friday, December 24, 2010

Tattered Leaves Christmas Poinsettia

Today I Created | A Poinsettia Gift Embellishment

I used the smallest leaf from the Sizzix, Tim Holtz Tattered Leaves die and cut three dark green leaves and nine red leaves.

Fold each leaf in half lengthwise (doesn't have to be perfect, remember; "embrace imperfection" as Tim Holtz always says). I used a 1.5" round piece of sturdy chipboard as the base and hot glued the three green leaves along the edge of the base. I glued them as close to the edge as possible so that they would stick out the furthest after the petals were added.

Next I glued three red petals along the edge and evenly spaced them between the green leaves.

For the next two layers I removed the stem from the red petals. I glued three of these stemless, red petals closer to the center and staggered their placement so that they didn't overlap any previous shapes.

The final layer has three more red petals glued in the center and also staggered. As a final touch I added gold seed beads in the center.

The final poinsettia makes a perfect substitute for a bow on a gift. The box in this photo is a standard shirt box so you can get an idea of the scale of the finished poinsettia.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone. Peace to the Planet.

1 comment:

  1. That is so pretty, I love it paired with the birdie wrapping paper!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...