Saturday, August 6, 2011

Bits of Blingage

I'm in the process of decluttering my life which means I need to bring in less thrifted treasures each week. Needless to say, I'm not a happy camper about this. But I am trying to buy less at fewer sales while getting rid of a lot of stuff at home.

Having said that... I found a large selection of sparkly, costume jewelry. I believe some pieces are old. These photos show about half of what I found. The other half is a mix of colors and materials that I didn't like as much as these bits of blingage.

Most of these are mis-matched pieces. The seller didn't see much value in these. But I see them as inspiration for many lovely craft projects. 

I also found some old glass door knobs. I have a project in mind for these as well. 

I love it when your imagination can see treasures in other people's trash.

I am honored to be featured at:


This is linked to:

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful sparklies! Looks like you emptied the Pirates Treasure! :-)

    Have a great Sunday, Lynda...

    Greetings from a rainy Denmark /Lisbet

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I like mismatched jewellery that make great cocktail rings!

    E :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful sparkly treasures. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK I am coveting all those jewels lol. You can never have too many. (Great blog I am subbing!)

    -Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, please! Sign me up for all that gorgeous bling! What is it about girls and the baubles?
    Love it all!
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a collection of old costume jewellery that I'm not sure what to do with so interested in your ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Visiting from Very Merry. The projects for using the jewels is endless!!! A great score!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your rhinestones jewelry pieces.
    I am decluttering also, large pieces. we can keep our sparkles in small places

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous...i never have any luck finding large quantities like you have...gonna have to dig deeper i guess.
    Lorena,
    Rosechicfriends

    ReplyDelete
  10. That style of jewelery is making a comeback. I tend to see more in stores as well as people wearing it. I had some, but sold it a long time ago. I am not a flashy wearing of anything.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You sound so much like me... I'm in the process of editing, though I'm not much of an Editor *winks*... and decluttering... and yet, I can't help but drag Home some of the stuff I adore and find for creating something beautiful with... *Le Sigh* I seriously need intervention... *LOL*

    Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh these are lovely... I couldn't have resisted these pretties! Thanks for linking to Share the Love Wednesday!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lynda, it seems there are a LOT of us who are feeling the pains of purging. lol It's hard to pass up bling though, isn't it?

    Thanks for linking to the party last week. Hope to see you this week, as well.

    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...