Saturday, November 19, 2011

Hooray for Hollywood!

We decided to go to an estate sale in the Hollywood Hills today. We had other errands to run up that way so it worked out well. Our travels took us past the Grauman's Theater, Kodak Theater and the intersection of Hollywood and Vine. I haven't been in this part of Los Angeles for a long time. Hollywood looked exceptionally nice at 7:00 in the morning.

The estate sale was in the hills above Hollywood. It was quite an adventure to drive through the canyons and find parking.

My favorite find was this ceramic glove mold. I have never seen one of these at any other sale so I fell in love with it. Can't you imagine it dripping with vintage necklaces or old mercury beads! It is about 16" tall. This one is the size of an average hand. There was a second mold at the size of an industrial glove but that was too expensive for my budget.

We also found this Pennyweight Scale. I like scales and this one was so simple and delicate.

We also found this vintage pencil pointer {sharpener}. It is made of a very heavy metal and matches my father's old tape dispenser. Plus it was still in its original box.

There were other amazing treasures but the prices at this sale were kind of high but then again, we were in Hollywood.

Hope everyone had a fun day of thrifting.

This is linked to:
Coastal Charm, Creating a House of GraceHer Library Adventures, Hey What's For Dinner Mom? and Mod Vintage Life

6 comments:

  1. Hollywood Hills... *SIGH* You make me jealous! ;-)

    Have a great Sunday, Lynda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that hand mold, I almost picked one up last week in Atlanta. Now I wish I had. Great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great hand! Haven't seen a scale like that in forever. nice finds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow I can't even imagine living in a place where I can say I drove through Hollywood at 7 am--cool finds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to be in that area just to peek at the houses. To come home with such great treasures is more than I could even dream.

    Have fun with the hand.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...