Sunday, December 18, 2011

Slow Thrifting Day

Yesterday was a very slow-paced kind of day without any of the hustle and bustle that is usually found at garage sales. We didn't find anything at the first two sales although we were the first people at both of them.

The third sale was better. I think these people were garage salers that were selling their previous garage sale finds. In any case, they had similar tastes to what I like.

My favorite find was this vintage, pink plastic tissue box. I believe it is from the 50s. It has a lovely shabby chic look to it. The roses are a creamy color and the lid is hinged in back. This going to be a Christmas gift to a Thrifting friend.

We also found a red and green, vintage metal table mat. I must be attracted to the red and green patterned kitchen pieces since I've collected so many pieces this year {cake tin, sifter, canisters, biscuit tindustpanmatchstick holder and spice rack}. Some of these have sold in my store. I will add more pieces soon.

The last item we found was some vintage Christmas wrapping paper. Perhaps these will be used in a crafting project later.

I hope everyone had a good thrifting day!

This is linked to:
A Very Cherry WorldHer Library Adventures, Hey What's for Dinner Mom?, Mod Vintage Life and The Thrifty Groove

4 comments:

  1. You did very well on your day out. Sue would love that metal table mat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your finds !
    Merry Christmas to you & Your Family !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds. Love that vintage paper.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...