Saturday, April 13, 2013

Thrifting - A Catch and Release Story

I have mixed emotions about my thrifting adventures today. I found an awesome treasure but I had to let it go. More on that story at the end of this post.

I found a petite glass cupcake stand. It is only 6" across the top. Also found another vintage knee-hugger elf. The small stand makes the elf look huge!
My favorite find was this awesome 1938 Toastmaster toaster. I plugged it in and it works! Love the chrome and Bakelite.
Found some old film reels that would make great clocks or other projects.
I love old Dymo label makers and I found one in the original box.
I think these are shoe maker molds instead of shoe stretchers. One is shaped for a high-heeled shoe. Both have nail holes in them which makes me believe they were used to design shoes. They both have a rich patina that is really pretty.
Now to my "Catch and Release" story. I found a great vintage Toledo candy scale at an estate sale today. It was so amazing but was marked $100. Then the seller said that it was half price so $50 and this treasure could be mine. I stood there transfixed because I wanted it so badly. The problem was that it probably weighed about 20 pounds so realistically I could sell it for local pick up only. Or the other option would be to keep it for myself. I could not justify keeping it so I had to walk away and let it go. I don't think I will have any serious regrets but it will be one of those stories about the "one that got away".

Hope everyone had a great day of thrifting. Most of these treasures will be posted in my Stuff to Treasure Store soon. Anyone else ever find something they couldn't justify keeping for themselves?

This is linked to:
Hey, What's For Dinner Mom?, Mod Vintage LifeSir Thrift-A-Lot and Stylish Once Again

2 comments:

  1. So sad about the candy scale:-( But great scores on everything else. I especially love that little kneehugger. He looks so cute perched on that stand.

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. hard to walk away--but then being resellers knowing when to walk away is important and HARD to do

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...