Sunday, May 12, 2013

Awesome Stress-Free Pre-Mother's Day Thrifting

Somehow the stars aligned to create a totally stress-free day of thrifting yesterday. The first garage sale opened early so I was in and out and on to the next sale. I found a few nice pieces and then off to the third sale just two blocks away. There were only a few people waiting to enter the estate sale so there was no rush and this is where the picking got good.

My favorite find was a large amount of vintage mercury glass ornaments. Most of these are on stems so they can be easily used for crafting.
I filled an 18" tall box with these ornaments. Included were a few hanging ornaments that are really old {two have a written date of 1915 on them} seen below hanging on the right. There is a pink fish, Christmas heart, bell and house among the oldest ornaments.
Two figural glass ornaments of Santa with a cardboard broom and a woman with an apron. I am not sure of their age.
Flocked image of a little boy and toys on this vintage ornament.
Two glass teapot ornaments. Their spouts are extremely delicate.
This is the 18" tall box filled with ornaments. The box is for an old 4 gallon Mason jar that I wish I found at the sale.
I also found these deer candle holders. The metal one is by Deptartment 56 and the two ceramic ones are by Fitz and Floyd. 
I found these metal first aid boxes and thought they could be used for a red, white and blue display or for handy storage.
The seller told me that this was Italian glass but it is actually a Blenko Compote dish. The color is Tangerine and so pretty.
I found this plaid blanket in its original bag and bought it thinking that if it was an inexpensive blend then I would use it for a craft project. Only when I was preparing to photograph it did I find the label that said it is pure virgin wool from New Zealand.
I love old toys and was excited to find an old litho print metal toy boat that was made in the USA and a Dinky Toys Police Car. The British Guard can is much newer but I thought Dear Handyman would enjoy this. 

I hope everyone had a wonderful stress-free day of thrifting. As always, I will try to get more items into my store as soon as possible. Please stop by and check it out.

Happy Mother's Day to all of the Moms out there. 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you got some great things. Love all the vintage Christmas - it is my weakness! Was a nice Mother's Day present for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never find any vintage Christmas! You sure hit the jackpot with those ornaments. And the mason jar box is awesome! I've never seen a 4 gallon one before.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...