Sunday, November 3, 2013

Designers Craft Connection - Thank You Gift

Welcome to the Designers Craft Connection Blog Hop for the month of November. This month's theme is a "Thank You Gift". I am especially thankful that Dear Handyman and his son-in-law both like to cook and barbeque so we will have a feast on Thanksgiving. Since I enjoy crafting more than cooking, my Thank You Gift is a Thanksgiving Table Runner.
The fun part about this felt table runner is that everything is thrifted. I began with a stack of felt that I found at an estate sale two years ago. There was only a small handful of felt scraps left after I cut everything that I needed.



I used the Sizzix 3" Square Finished die to cut the background squares in as many Autumn leaf colors as possible. I laid these out on a large piece of felt as a backing.
I pinned the squares to the backing and sewed the edges down in straight rows to hold them in place.

Next I hand-cut leaf shapes using every last bit of felt. I placed the various colored leaves on the squares until I was happy with the combinations. I pinned these in place and then sewed straight diagonal lines through the center of each leaf.
To give it a finishing touch, I sewed thrifted buttons in the center of each leaf cluster.
This will be my Thank You Gift to Dear Handyman's daughter and son-in-law on Thanksgiving.

Please use the Designer Craft Connection button on the right to continue through the Blog Hop and enjoy more crafty Thank You Gift ideas.

Honored to be featured at:
JAQS Studio


This is linked to:
Alderberry HillBe Different, Act NormalBoogieboard Cottage, Cherished Handmade TreasuresCraft-o-ManiacCreate With Joy, Creating Really Awesome Free Things, Cupcakes and CrinolineFlamingo Toes, Ginger Snap Crafts, JAQS Studio, Kammy's Korner, Ladybug BlessingsMad in Crafts,  Momivore's Dilemma, Not Just a Housewife,  Our Delightful HomeSew Can Do, Sewlicious Home DecorSugar Bee Crafts and The DIY Dreamer

5 comments:

  1. That table runner is gorgeous. Such a wonderful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your table runner! I featured you this week. Have a blessed weekend! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely table runner - I'm sure they will enjoy and appreciate it ;-)

    ReplyDelete

  4. Yeah it's bob day- If you are not a member you can become one very easily by going to the website and clicking on the flower in the top right hand side.If you want to get more details, visit ours anniversary gifts

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...